Wednesday, July 2, 2008

"Angel" Megan


This is my very best friend in the whole world Megan who was born on October 12, 1997 and crossed the Rainbow Bridge on May 10, 2008.
After I lost Megan my heart was broken beyond repair. I was very sad and got weepy eyed at the mention of her name. We had so many good times together. I celebrate her life but my heart ached for her and I missed her so much.
Well shortly after Megan's death I signed up on Petfinder.com to look at Golden Retrievers who were available for adoption from shelters in my area. On Thursday, June 19, 2003 I got a notice that a 4 - 6 month old Golden Retriever female called "No Name" was available in the Chilton County Humane Society in Clanton, Al. I was sure that this bundle of joy was sent to me by my "Angel" Megan to heal my broken heart. I called the shelter and they confirmed that she was there and available for adoption. I immediately went to work on my sweet wife Cyndi in hopes that she would give me her blessing, which of course she did. On Friday I turned in an application for adoption but again my hopes were dashed when I was told that there was a lot of interest in the bundle of joy that I had already named Emma. They said that she had been moved from the Humane Society to a local veterinarian's office to insure that she stayed in good health. I was also told that she could not be adopted until Monday, June 23rd. I called again on Saturday and was told that they had received good reports from our references and that we would be called on Monday to come and adopt Emma. My heart was overjoyed! I wish to thank my "Angel" Megan and the fine people at Petfinder.com and the Chilton County Humane Society for making this all happen. Emma has been with us for 8 days now and has filled a void that was left in my heart.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bob, Cyndi, Jordan and Emma (and Barkley too)...Although I never got to meet Megan personally, I have heard so much about her over the years. I know how it is to loose your best friend, and I also have been blessed in the past to have my "Angels" briing another into my life to help fill the void. I'm so glad Megan was able to bring Emma into your lives and I know Emma will be truely loved. Have a long life together - Sarah

Farmhouse Blessings said...

I love the name Emma! It's perfect for your new little angel.

Smiles,
Lea