Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Watch out for Silica Gel Packets

Be careful this holiday season to properly dispose of all the packets of silica gel that come inside new items to keep moisture out. They are harmful to dogs if they should find them and ingest them, and believe me they will. My second Golden Megan decided to eat several of them in her life and we had to contact poison control and take action to bring them back up with not so fun methods. We now make sure that all of these pesky little packets marked "Do Not Eat" (unfortunately written in English and Dogs can't read), are quickly thrown in the trash or flushed down the toilet.

1 comment:

Shiloh Prairie Farm said...

Thank you for the warning! Love your blog Emma! That collapsible dog crate is just too cool!